Today we venture off into more unknown territories. Wonderful drinks with less of a back story, so today's post will be brief.
The Saint is new blood on the cocktail scene, not much pedigree, but a wonderful drink none the less.
Originally created in the Sassafras Saloon in LA, it is a slightly easier to drink variation on the Brown Derby which also originated in LA during the mid century.
- 45 ml Rye Bourbon
- 7.5ml Ginger Syrup
- 15ml Lillet Blanc
- 22.5ml fresh lemon juice
- 15ml fresh pink grapefruit juice
- Chill a martini glass or champagne coupette
- Add all ingredients to a Boston shaker
- add fresh ice right up to the brim
- shake vigorously for 15-20 seconds
- Remove the ice from your glassware
- Split the tin and double strain (hawthorn and tea strainer) into your cold glass
- Garnish with the peel of an orange (or grapefruit if you have the dexterity!)